Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Montana

This is our mission team that went to Browning Montana this past summer. Our mission was to share the gospel with the Blackfeet Indian people. Praise the Lord there were 15 saved and many, many seeds that were planted. That's me on the end with the black pants on and that's our son in the front with the strap going across him. We were there to help Pastor Phil at Glacier View Baptist Chapel and it was such an awesome experience. I have never seen the Lord work like he did while we were here. My eyes have opened so much since this trip.


Here we are at the Glacier National Park. What a view. We think we are so blessed with the mountains here Virginia. HA!

This is a moment I will treasure for the rest of my life. #1 because he actually posed for a picture which I do beleive was the 1st miracle the Lord allowed us to see and #2 because Aaron was truly in his element while we were traveling. He was the 1st one to the water to kick off his shoes. The 1st one to pick up rocks to throw. Just watching my man child was worth the whole trip.



Here's the perfect example of what I'm talking about. If you will notice, his shoes are not completely on his feet. His would just slip them on and off at this point because we were stopping so much.


Have you ever?!!!


This is my friend Ashley Heavyrunner. I hold her so close to my heart. One thing I could not get used to while here was just the total oppression that you FEEL while on the reservation. I have never felt anything like this before. I cried like I have never cried before. Every time I would take a shower something would take over and the sobs would start. Every time! I keep a picture of Ashley in my Bible to remind me to always pray for her and her people.
I have sooo many more pctures of this trip that I hope to share in due time. This may sound funny to some of you but when things get a little yukky around here, I wish I could go back there right away. You really seem to forget all your own problems when you see what others are dealing with but more than that, when you see the power of God.







1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

What a treat - Glacier National Park pictures! Those mountains in the back you can climb. Great trip! The Blackfeet are wonderful people. What an opportunity.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin