Monday, September 15, 2008

A work in progress


That's me! A constant work in progress. Maybe it's just this time in my life with so many changes going on, kids growing up etc. but I have felt like for the past 3-4 years there have just been too many changes and I'm not keeping up very well. I'm not keeping up with my Lord the way I should, not keeping up with my husband the way I should, my kids or my friends. Things have changed so much and I just want to hide under a rock alot of the time so as not to have to deal with it all. Is it just me? I'm so sick and tired of watching people's marriages crumble before our very eyes that sometimes I don't work on mine the way I should. Don't get me wrong, hubby and I are fine, I am just so hurt by some of the things I have seen. I'm sick and tired of freindships falling apart. I truly have the best friends but it hurts to be so mad at someone that you want to take them by the shoulders and say,"what is wrong with you?" I'm sure there are many that would like to do the same to me. Our guest Pastor said yesterday what's wrong with saying ,"I'm sorry." What's wrong with saying" I forgive you". What's wrong with saying," will you forgive me?". Isn't that what we are supposed to do? As christians aren't we supposed to go to the ones that we are having a problem with and try to mend fences? To me that doesn't mean only one person should do this. It means ALL!! I am not pointing fingers at anyone, this is just something I am dealing with right now. Me, the constant work in progress. Change is what I am dealing with, or in my case not dealing with. My mom has always told me that I dwell on things too much and I know I do. I also know that these things are things that I need to, for once and for all, turn them over to my God. Isn't that why He went to that cross for me? To take all of this away and to forgive me for my failures in all areas of my life- my faith, my marriage, my parenting, my family and my friendships. Our lives are a temporary journey here on earth and there will be constant change. I just have to realize that once in my eternal home there will never be change. It will be glory forever!!! The sooner I realize that these changes are really just the Lord pruning the bushes, the sooner I can open my eyes to that glory.

* But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2Cor. 3:18

5 comments:

we4kingz said...

I thought I was the only one that ever felt like running away. I feel completely overwhelmed at times and just feel like hiding from life, and sometimes I try. You are alot like me, you try to fix yourself and we both know how good this works! I don't understand how christian people can be so unforgiving and so judgmental because that is definitely not what the Bible teaches. Just know that you have a "sister in Christ" who loves you know matter what!!=)

GillespiesGirl said...

sounds like you need to call me...i love you!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

This is a great post. Wow. I hear you - the pruning is not easy, but the results are oh so sweet. I am glad that you are learning through these situations rather than running from them. God is good!

Lisa said...

So I am not the only one hiding. I Know exactly what you mean. I always want to think my way is best and if also if I don't deal with it then it will be ok. I love ya girl and i am always here for you... and all my sisters....

Stephanie said...

I understand how you feel. You would have really liked EWomen this year. A lady spoke on this subject and it really helped me. Colossians 3:13-14 says: Forebearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin