Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Breakdown

This picture was taken last September in Tennessee at the aqaurium. Look at his face. He LOVES stuff like this. Did you catch the title of this post? Yep, I'm having my first breakdown over this kid graduating (ok so it's not my very first but it's the worst). Yesterday he picked up his announcements and I started working on them last night. Then today I'm in Walmart and I bought some class of 2008 plates and napkins for his cookout and when I got back to my vehicle I had a complete melt down in the parking lot of Wally World! Good grief. I AM NOT READY FOR THIS!!!!! Do you hear me? I'm just not. He has some growing up to do and I can't stand the thought of him leaving home before that has happened. What do I do? Cancel college perhaps? Take away his keys? Tie him to a door in our house so he can only think about leaving? I know I can't actually do these things because I'm sure I could get in big trouble for them all but a girl can dream can't she? Pray people, please pray.

3 comments:

GillespiesGirl said...

It's 2008 already???? Where in the world did it go? Weren't we just pushing that little red headed creature who pooped every time we turned around down the corridor of Spotsylvania Mall? Weren't we just driving through Micky D's for more frifries??? I'm sorry this is so hard for you, know that I love you and am praying for you and here for you every step of the way! AND REMEMBER, no breakdowns without me. CALL ME WHEN YOU NEED TO!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

It is not easy, is it! I remember when I got dropped off at college, and my parents left after giving me this big long speech, and I was alone in my dorm room. It hit me. Then I said, "Quick! Do something and be busy so you don't have to think about this!" and before I knew it, I was buried in homework, having a blast with friends and soaking it all in. I did NOT feel ready at 18, but it was smooth sailing nonetheless.

You still have all summer! Oh that is no fun having a breakdown though - especially in a parking lot. :) Hang in there - you have done a great job raising your kiddo there.

One peice of advice: let him call YOU once he is at college. He will, too!

Lisa said...

I am dreading walking in those shoes in 4 years... UGH.... know that you have raised a wonderful God fearing young man who I pray inspires my sons. He will know whree home is and where his roots are..... love ya girl and all the Blaines

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin