Saturday, January 8, 2011

If you were my BFF you would know


I could almost bet money that my BFF knows me better than anyone in my life, probably even better than my own mom. My BFF loves me so unconditionally and never places judgement on my heart and I feel the exact same way towards her. Fate has made it so that we live pretty far away from each other but even that has not kept our friendship from growing over the years. I know that if I need anything she is just a phone call away and if I needed her here she would come no matter the sacrifice. How can two people that did not grow up anywhere near each other and didn't meet until we were 22 years old have such an amazing connection? Neither one of us can understand it. When we do get to see each other we have soooo much fun!! We laugh until we pee, we cry until we make the ugly face. We talk until the sun comes up. We even sleep together (inside joke)!! And we have kicked our husbands out of bed so we can ;) I love her babies as if they were my very own. She loves my babies as if they were her very own. We both have the same taste in fashion, decorating and even food. We both have the same struggles with ourselves, the exact same! If you know me, you'll know her!
If you were my BFF these are some things you would know about me (or you could ask Leslie because she could probably tell you everyone of these things)---
1. I love Jesus!! I know that I am not deserving of His love and sacrifice and especially His mercy.
2. My kids are EVERYTHING to me!!!
3. I worry way to much about what other people think about me. So much so that it holds me back from my own happiness a lot of the time.
4. I struggle daily with my self image.
5. I want to take more mission trips to try in some small way to make a difference in God's kingdom and to make a difference in my own heart.
6. I LOVE MUSIC!! It soothes my soul in a powerful way. My all time fave female voice is Eva Cassidy. LOVE HER!!!
7. I cry.... a lot!
8. I pee... a lot!!
9. I love shoes!!! Especially BOOTS!!
10. I have 4 major fears-
-that someone I love will not make it to heaven,
-that something terrible would happen to one of my babies,
-Fire!! I hate fire! Not just a camp fire but a major burn your house down fire. The very
thought of it chills me to the bone,
- that I will not have made a difference.
11. I'm kind of a dare devil, on a girly level that is. I want to jump out of a plane. I LOVE roller coasters. I like to go fast enough that my hair is a mess. OK maybe that's not so girly but you get what I mean.
12. I love to dance! I might not be the best but I think it's soooo fun. Maybe that goes with my love of music.
13.I love makeup and can not go without my lip gloss. Seriously if I have nothing else I have to have my lip gloss.
14. I love jewelry!! Cheap or expensive makes no difference to me. It's girly and prissy and I like it!
15. I have a lot of dreams and my bucket list is getting bigger as I get older. I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to get smaller as you age but why? As I grow older I see so much more that I want to be a part of. One thing on my bucket list is the Great Barrier Reef. I want to see what my son witnessed when he was only 16 and I can almost guarantee that I would feel like I was 16 when I do see it.
There you have it, just a few things you would know about me if you were my BFF.
Leslie, I love you and thank god for putting you in my path everyday!! You are truly what every girl should have for a BFF. I feel sorry for those that never have the friendship in their lives like we do!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, i'm sitting here bawling like a great ol' big baby! :) i love you very much and am so blessed to have you be my BFF!!! by the way...i don't have that pic! send it to me, please. love you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin